Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Weight Gainers Make You Lose Weight?

....I have been using N-Large for about 3 weeks but was just told that I will lose weight if I stop using it. I have gained 3 pounds...will I will lose more than that if I stop using it? Will it be muscle or fat? (from Bruce)
Amazingly, I have heard this rumor before. For the life of me I can't figure out what those who perpetuate it are thinking.

Yes, if you discontinue use of a weight gainer and then allow your daily caloric intake to fall below your maintenance level, you will lose weight. This has nothing to do with the weight gainer. If you keep drinking your weight gain shakes but stop eating breakfast, the same thing is going to happen. Your ability to lose or gain weight is dependant on your total caloric intake.

I'm guessing this myth owes its origins to the mistaken belief that weight gainers possess magical powers. In some people's minds, just by virtue of being labeled a "weight gainer," a product takes on abilities beyond just helping you to achieve an excess of calories. Trust me when I tell you, despite what their labels or advertisements may lead you to believe, they don't have magical abilities.

N-Large II's value to your weight gain goals is in its high caloric content (as well as its quality protein content). If you were to substitute 3 Slim Fast shakes for a serving of N-Large II, you wouldn't be missing a beat. If you were trying to lose weight and split a serving of N-Large II into thirds, you would achieve roughly the same results as you would with Slim Fast Shakes.

It is all about the calories.

Your 3 lbs. of weight gain are a result of your weight gain diet as a whole, not a direct result of N-Large II. Concentrate on your diet. Understand that weight gainers, MRPs and all other dietary supplements are just ways to help you achieve your dietary goals.

Weight Gainers Reviews

JP Clifford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home